It does not matter what your preferences or strengths are – we have volunteer opportunities for you!
– Make the day of a shelter resident full of enrichment by taking them on a long walk, playing with pet friendly toys, and socializing. Cuddles and kisses are an extra bonus!
– If you’re camera savvy, you can help shelter residents get noticed on social media by capturing cute photos or videos of them and sharing with JCHS, your family and friends. Your photo or video just might be what helps one of our shelter pets get noticed by their furr’ever family!
– You could allow a shelter pet to reside in your home for a short amount of time by joining our Foster Program. It’s very beneficial for Jefferson County Humane Society to have responsible volunteers they can rely on for help with motherless puppies or kittens that are still nursing, animals that are healing from a sickness or injury, highly stressed animals that aren’t coping with the environment of the animal shelter very well, and even senior animals that thrive in a more quiet environment or need the comfort of palliative or hospice care. Foster parents help with overpopulation of the shelter, and are rewarded with improving the lives of shelter residents in a very direct way!
– JCHS works hard to organize adoption events outside of the shelter on a regular basis by visiting local businesses and other animal friendly places. If you wouldn’t mind taking a shelter resident for a ride in your car, spending a few hours getting to know them better, talking to patrons about the animal with efforts of finding them a new family to go home with… then we would love to have your help during our offsite adoption events!
Jefferson County Humane Society would not be a successful organization without the help of so many diverse people…
Whether it’s fundraising, marketing or just making new furr’iends – volunteering with Jefferson County Humane Society can be a very rewarding experience!
Contact Jefferson County Humane Society to learn how you can get involved as a volunteer by calling : 740-314-5583
KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS
If you are a Kroger shopper – you can link your Kroger Rewards Card to Jefferson County Humane Society (JCHS), and Kroger will donate a portion of your purchases to the organization.
This does not impact the perks of your Kroger Rewards in any way.
The process is easy to complete, and must be completed annually during the month of April.
1. Visit : kroger.com
2. Sign in or create an account
(you will need your Kroger Rewards Card Number to create an account)
3. Enter the information for the Charity of Choice
(which in this case would be : JCHS)
4. Our organization number is : BW159
CAGE SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM
Have you heard about our Cage Sponsorship Program?
Cage sponsors are displayed on the kennel/cage for one month.
A feline cage can be sponsored for $25 and/or a canine kennel can be sponsored for just $50.
It is a great way to pay it forward!
You can sponsor a cage as a business, “in memory of…” a lost pet or loved one, for someone’s birthday – you can be as creative with your sponsorship dedication as you’d like to be.
Cage Sponsorship can even be set as a monthly contribution.
To arrange a cage sponsorship online – just visit us on PayPal and specify “Cage Sponsorship” (along with your message of choice) in the text field during the process of submitting your donation online.
You can call the shelter and speak to someone who will help you with sponsoring a cage if you would rather arrange it in person : 740-314-5583.
Here is another great way to support Jefferson County Humane Society if you shop Amazon online, and it only takes a brief moment of your time.
Please follow the instructions listed below to register.
A percentage of all of your Amazon purchases will come to JCHS.
If you already have an Amazon account go to:
2. Sign-in to your amazon account, or create one
3. Where it says pick your own charitable organization, type Jefferson County Humane Society (and be sure to look for and select JCHS located in Steubenville, Ohio – – be careful when selecting due to the fact that there are Jefferson County listings in other states)
4. That is it! If you did it correctly you will see Supporting Jefferson County Humane Society at the top of the page.